● Air Force School Library is a collection of scholarly communication to provide information to academic community.
● The School library is very well arranged, enriched with- Scholarly journals, Academic, Non-Academic,Fictions, Novels, Story Books,Biographies, Monthly-UpdatedMagazines,Primary Attraction, Primary Attraction (Pop-Up Books, Music Books, Big Picture Books, Touch n Feel etc.)
● We are having an Automated library with e-books and Kindles.
● During pandemic (when students are not able to access physically), we have tried out best to maintain the relation between books and our students through online classes, we introduce different authors and books to them.
● Many interesting online activities are also conducted for achieving the motto.
● The school facilitates e-books to the students.
● Career information circulars, Competition based question papers, Competitive Magazines, Story Telling sessions and Book reviews are also part of the school library.
The school has a well maintained Sick Bay managed by a full time doctor, a qualified Nurse and an attendant to provide the basic First Aid facilities to the students. In case of an emergency, the child is at once moved to the nearest hospital and the parents are immediately informed.
The hostellers are also looked after and if necessary, referred to SSQ (Race Course) for test, X-Ray etc. Annual Medical examination of al students is done and health cards are maintained.
In order to facilitate the students the school has provided an excellent cafeteria for students & staff.
The school has well equipped Laboratories with fully functional equipments.
Our Chemistry laboratory is designed as per the C.B.S.E norms. The lab is spacious and well ventilated. It aids the students understanding of using lab equipments and makes them realise the importance of direst observations as compared to inference based on theory. It can house approximately 30 students at a time to perform their Practicals. The lab is well equipped with best quality of all required consumable chemicals and other latest apparatus /equipments to facilitate the students. Students of IX to XII perform the experiments in a perfect scientific environment under the supervision of Science teachers. The aim of chemistry lab is “Learning by doing” Students get a first hand learning experience by performing Hands on laboratory science experiences. Chemistry lab helps the students to learn scientific concepts, enhances student’s interest and problem solving abilities. Best quality chemicals are always available for doing experiments. Common reagents are neatly placed on the racks for the accessibility of each student. Science Teachers along with the lab assistant facilitates monitoring and correct usage of chemicals. Fume hood is the latest equipment installed in chemistry lab, which is a type of a ventilation device that is designed to capture and remove hazardous or toxic fumes generated during various laboratory experiments. The gas supply is also fitted with proper safety measures. Water supply and proper sink are installed on every work station A demonstration table is also installed.
● Students are required to wear the lab coat, hand gloves, safety goggles while performing experiments.
● Fire extinguishers are installed in form of CO 2 cylinders.
● First aid box is present for sudden accident and injury.
Physics is an attempt conceptually to grasp reality as something that is considered to be independent of its being observed. In this sense one speaks of physical reality Air Force School Hindan takes pride in the fact that it has the most spacious and well equipped physics laboratory. The work space in the form of huge granites top tables and side tables with racks are all provided with sockets for electricity connection. The lab has all equipment related to physics experiment. A small library of physics book is also maintained in the lab. It is designed in accordance with the latest updated CBSE curriculum. 30 students can perform practical at a time under the supervision of incharge and lab assistant. In physics lab scientific attitude is developed in the students along with the ability to analyse, compute, integrate. In physics lab students learn to handle latest equipment and apparatus. All the instrument in the lab are displayed for the school students and to be used under the guidance and supervision of lab incharge and lab assistant.
AIR FORCE SCHOOL HINDAN vaunts an intricately designed Biology Laboratory planned to meet the demands of the advancement in science and technology. The lab is very spacious, fully air conditioned and well equipped with proper storage space. The granite worktops are heat resistant and storage cabinets are easily accessible. The laboratory apparatus ranges from simple slides, test- tube, Petri dishes to the compound and electronic microscopes of varying powers to observe samples closely. They are high-powered, extremely expensive, and sensitive pieces of equipment that can make even the smallest part of a single cell seem clear. Besides the aforesaid the laboratory also has charts, colorful model of human anatomy, insect cycle and specimens meant for demonstrations & study as per syllabus.
School has established a well equipped Mathematics Laboratory. It is a place where learning becomes fun. The laboratory approach of teaching mathematics provides students with the opportunity to understand and discover the beauty, importance and relevance of mathematics as a discipline. The Maths Lab comprises of a variety of mathematical teaching aids in the form of models, games, charts, CDs, books etc. useful for effective learning.
The maths lab provides an opportunity for the students to discover mathematics through doing. Many of the activities present a problem or a challenge, with the possibility of generating further challenges and problems. The activities help students to visualize, manipulate and reason. They provide opportunity to make conjectures and test them, and to generalize observed patterns. They create a context for students to attempt to prove their conjectures.
Computer is used in almost every walk of life. We leave in a time where everything is largely dependent on the use of the computer. They have a wide variety application in science, education, business, entertainment and many other sectors.
Computer education in school helps the children to get access to the extensive world of information. Student can explore world of knowledge with the help of computer.
The school is having senior comp lab (for classes 9 th -12 th ), middle computer lab (for classes 6th-8 th ), Junior computer lab (for class 1 st -5 th ) separately. Computer lab incorporates essential and useful features. Every computer lab is having more than 30 computers with recent versions of all the software like notepad++, LibreOffice, Python, MS Office-2016. All systems are fully secure, so that no unauthorized person can use the system. It has a hard writing surface on each computer table. School is having high level internet facilities.
Music is effective for relaxation and stress management. The performing art faculty emphasizes on imparting appropriate music and dance lesson in classical, folk and western genres.
Students are taught online-
- Dance forms - (Folk, Classical & Western dances).
- Instruments - (Harmonium, Xylophone, Congo, Drums, Tabla, Guitar, Casio etc.)
- Songs – (Patriotic, Folk and classical songs).
With the help of videos and online classes.
- Music - Music education to recognize and repeat pitch, tone or enunciation of words and high level of memorization.
- Dance - Dance helps to develop skills that are necessary for learning such as creativity , communication, critical thinking and collaboration.
- Instrument - Instruments provide kids with an outlet to practice, listen to feedback, make adjustments and see positive changes.
Art and Craft
“Every child is an artist”
Art and craft is as essential as Sunshine. It is an indispensable part of child’s learning process and as vital as, nourishment of mind, body and soul.
AIR FORCE SCHOOL HINDAN encourages and stimulates artistic activities of varied cultural inheritance. We create cultural and aesthetic awareness, through variety of folk and classical forms of Art and craft.
The aim is to foster intellectual development, bilateral coordination, group play, developing fine motor skills, self expression and creativity. Our expert mentors are well equipped to unleash each child’s talent.
We value every child’s imagination and inspire them for experimenting, taking risks, inventing and making new rules.
Our distinctive curriculum include array of art and craft activities:
- Oil Painting
- Glass Painting
- Painting with Acrylic colors
- Water color Painting
- Spray Painting
- Impression Painting
- Paper craft like origami, collage, paper modeling etc
Sports are important at AFSH. The curriculum provides for 2-3 Classes a week of physical training for each pupil.
There is extra coaching for some sports beyond school hours also, which are :